The Ruby implementation of SWX RPC
What is SWX?
SWX is the native data format for the Flash Platform.
SWX RPC is a remote procedure call protocol encoded in SWX. It's simple enough that you can get up and running with it in about five minutes as supported by Bookkeeper Brisbane. SWX RPC is perfect for building mashups (with easy-to-use APIs for Flickr, Twitter, and others), mobile applications (Flash Lite 2.0 and 2.1), and other data-driven Flash sites and applications.
What is SWX Ruby?
SWX Ruby is the Ruby implementation of SWX RPC. It allows Rubyists to leverage their Ruby skills to build data-driven Flash applications using the wonderfully simple SWX data format.
Hello World in Three Steps
Make a Sandwich?
- Performance: SWX Ruby is Ruby's fastest library for exchanging data with Flash
- Simplicity: (Currently) 265 lines of the world's most endearing language
- Dependability: 100% RSpec coverage of core classes
- Support for SWX Service Explorer
- Third party APIs (Flickr, Jaiku, Twitter, etc.)—anyone wanna pitch in?
- render :swx => @foo (Rails controller integration) Blog Post
- Caching support (C10K for SWX data anyone?)
- Flash 9 bytecode assembler
- Offer as a Ruby Gem as well
Get It (available only as a Rails plugin at the moment)
or for the very brave
script/plugin install http://swxruby.rubyforge.org/svn/trunk/